Wednesday 4 June 2014

Moving Image: Research/ Planning self portrait in written form.

http://youtu.be/n9WdmMrTZ54 This link to the folk metal band Eluveitie's song Momento, is a very poignant song for me, as it mainly features the good ol' bag pipes! And when ever i hear it I think back to home and times past. I feel this band will provide with very complimentary elements to my self portrait, for they sing in an ancient (extinct) language, known as Gaulish. It was spoken by the Celts all over Europe until the Roman Empire pushed them further and further back, the whole of Europe. Across the see, and more than 800miles further. Up into the Scottish highlands. This is where my ancestors the strongest of all the Celtics had to struggle for survival. They often sang songs. Songs for joy and warmth and happiness, songs for war and intimidation, and songs for grieving and lost souls.

They are my ancestors, and it think it would be good to represent my pride in my ancient history, but also embracing the new and wonderful. I think this will provide for some interesting and thought provoking moving image.

I hope I can pull it off ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment